Pizza day. With the exception of one home-made chicken pot pie since one of the boys doesn't do cheese. We did one pepperoni, one bbq chicken and one cheeseburger pizza. The secret to making it fast and easy = a food processor. All the dough was made in the food processor with no kneading whatsoever. Awsome? AWSOME! Bread flour gives the pizza the chew that you find from pizza parlors and endless combinations of toppings dress it up to make it gourmet.
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand 5 minutes until foamy. Then add olive oil and set aside.
2. In the bowl a food processor, put bread flour, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Pulse to combine.
3. Turn food processor on and slowly pour in the wet ingredients. Process until dough forms into a ball.
4. Put into an oiled bowl and let stand until doubled in size about 30-45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Punch dough down and roll out into a circle. Top with desired ingredients and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Pepperoni pizza: Spread thin layer of tomato sauce onto dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and pepperonis
BBQ chicken pizza: Spread thin layer of BBQ sauce onto the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, chunks of grilled chicken, onions and drizzle of ranch dressing
Cheeseburger pizza: Spread thin layer of mustard. Top with cheddar cheese, light sprinkling of mozzarella cheese, ground beef crumbles, red onions, bacon crumbles and pickles.