Happy Birthday! I thought your favorite cake was Tres Leches because I remember that one year we bought it from Northgate market and had it for your birthday. I was all set to make it and then we went to the mall yesterday and you mentioned that your favorite is banana cake! I really hope you didn't mean banana bread. Because I made you this banana cake! We are about to leave the house and go deliver it right now. The cooking method was very unconventional- it was baked at a low temperature for a long time and then immediately put into the freezer for 45 minutes. Strange, but let's hope it turns out good!
Adapted [kind of a lot] from Allrecipes.com
Real Cream Cheese Icing That Doesn't Taste Like A Pound of Powdered Sugar but Tastes Like Cream Cheese
1. Beat cream cheese and butter together. Beat in vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until mixture is blended.
To assemble cake!
- Smear a little cream cheese icing on a plate or cakeboard to make sure your cake doesn't slide around.
- Flip out one of your cakes and put it on the plate.
-Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the cake layer. Slice one banana really thin and arrange the slices on top of the thin layer of icing. Then, add another thin layer of icing.
- Flip out the second cake onto the banana slices.
- Spread icing on top of cake
- Put in fridge for at least an hour or so to let the cream cheese icing set up.
- Deliver to Aunt and hope she likes it!