30.6.10

NO PUDGE!


If you are a Trader Joe's fan like I am, you've probably seen the Fudge No Pudge brownie mix in the stores. It comes in a pink box and all you add is about a cup of yogurt in order to get fat free, deliciously fudgey brownies. My mom used to buy the mix for me and I would make them all the time in high school. A few years ago I got to thinking about that pink box of brownie mix and took a closer look at the ingredients. It was all things I had in my pantry. I just didn't know the secret measurements. I scoured the internet until I came across
this recipe. A clone of the brownie mix! I almost died. The recipe tastes almost exactly the same as the store bought mix and can be slightly adapted- such as using white whole wheat flour. DON'T use splenda though! There's something science-y that I can't explain about the sugar that causes the brownies to be fudgy. Also, while I have all the ingredients out, I like to make a second batch of the dry ingredients and keep it in a tupperware in the cupboard (just like the mix!)- next time I want brownies all I have to do is add yogurt!

No Pudge Fudge Brownie Clone

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
  • nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all dry ingredients.
3. Add yogurt and mix well. Mixture will be extremely thick!
4. Spread in a greased 8x8 inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment