31.5.09

Malasadas


Malasadas are delicious, crispy, deep fried pieces of dough covered in white sugar. They're known as a Hawaiian doughnut but are originally from Portugal. I've never been to Hawai'i so I don't know what the real ones taste like, but I heard a friend from the island once mention that they were a little lighter than beignets. I took these to a international potluck and they were well recieved. Someone mentioned that they were similar to beignets so I suppose they weren't too far off. There are a few different recipes that can be found online- the one I used didn't call for enough flour to turn the batter into a fry-able dough so I won't post it but if you like doughnuts, sweets, fried things or new recipes, I encourage you to look around for a Malasada recipe and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment