2.2.09

my what a sophisticated coconut


I've always thought that coconut was an 'older' thing- something that only 'older' people could enjoy because as a kid, coconut didn't have a very good reputation. Well i've finally grown up (and i suppose it helps that my boyfriend absolutely loves coconut) and i can apperciate and even enjoy the taste. I haven't had the time or the guts to try real macaroons yet, but coconut macaroons are delicious as well so i decided to make some since i had a spare bag of shredded coconut. I used a small cookie scoop to shape these so i got a lot, about 30 maybe. I left them in a tupperware on the counter and they magically disappeared into the bellies of my roomates in about 2 days- that means they were really good. They were moist and very quick and easy to make. I would make them if you have a coconut lover in your life- they will appreciate them i promise.

Coconut Macaroons

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.

3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.

Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment