19.1.09

cinnamon roll cookies

I love cinnamon rolls, snickerdoodles and sugar cookies. The only problem with cinnamon rolls is that the dough can be a little time consuming, which is why turning them into cookies didn't sound like such a bad idea. For these cookies I used a chilled and rolled sugar cookie dough found here. After chilling the dough, I rolled it out into a rectangle about half an inch thick. I brushed the dough with a beaten egg white and sprinkled on some cinnamon sugar. After rolling it up, I used the floss method to cut the cookies. I baked them and then drizzled them with a sugary glaze. The cookies didn't taste exactly like cinnamon rolls, but they were still good anyway and a nice way to modify a snickerdoodle while looking cute.

Glaze
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. millk

1. Mix until desired consistancy is reached. More milk yields a thinner, more drippy glaze and more sugar results in a thicker glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment